- 10+ Guests Price as advertised*
- 8-9 Guests +$500 per person to trip price*
- 6-7 Guests +$1,000 per person to trip price*
- 4-5 Guests +$1,500 per person to trip price*
- 2-3 Guests +$2,500 per person to trip price*
Annecy to Alpe d'Huez
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the greater the rewards
Annecy to La Clusaz via Col du Marais and Col de la Croix Fry
Approximately 34 miles with 5,020 feet of climbing
Lunch | Social Hour | Dinner
La Clusaz to Col des Aravis, Megève, and Col de la Colombière Loop
Approximately 60 miles with 7,520 feet of climbing
La Clusaz to Col du Marais, l'Arpettaz, and Aravis Loop
Approximately 50 miles with 6,200 feet of climbing
La Clusaz to Col du Marais, l'Arpettaz, Aravis, and Colombiere Loop
Approximately 71 miles with 9,300 feet of climbing
Breakfast | Dinner
La Chambre to Col du Glandon to Col de la Croix de Fer to Alpe d'Huez
Approximately 45 miles with 10,180 feet of climbing
Breakfast | Lunch
Alpe d’Huez via Col de Sarenne
Approximately 35 miles with 6,630 feet of climbing
Alpe d'Huez Double to Col de Sarenne to Villard Reculas
Approximately 62 miles with 10,800 feet of climbing
Breakfast | Social Hour | Dinner
Alpe d'Huez to Alpine lake Return
Approximately 11 miles with 1,480 feet of climbing
How to Get There
FLY INTO:Paris (CDG) or Geneva (GVA)
MEETING TIME:9:00 AM
FLY OUT OF:Paris (CDG) or Lyon (LYS)
DEPARTING TIME:12:30 PM
We suggest that you arrive at least one day prior to the trip start, which will enable you to adjust to the time zone and minimize the risk of missing the trip start due to flight-related delays.
We recommend that you fly into Paris (CDG) or Geneva (GVA). rom Paris’ Gare de Lyon, trains depart daily for Annecy with a travel time of 4-5 hours. The train journey from Geneva to Annecy takes 1-1/2 to 2 hours. However, train options and times are somewhat limited to and from Geneva and can sometimes present more logistical challenges. Alternatively, you can take a taxi from the Geneva airport to Annecy for approximately 100 euros or a bus for 20 euros. Please consult www.SNCF.com or speak with our travel agent for current train schedules.
Your Trek Travel guides will meet you at the Annecy Train Station (Place de la Gare, 74000 Annecy, France) at 9:00 AM on the first day of the trip. A shuttle through the bustling city of Annecy will bring you to your ride start. Please have your first day’s riding gear handy and separate from your other luggage to facilitate the bike fitting and ride.
If you will be late for the pick-up or are going to miss it altogether, please inform your guides. You will receive an email a week before the trip start with their names and contact details. If you cannot reach them, please call our first hotel, Hotel Beauregard (+33 (0) 450 326 800), and leave a message with your expected arrival time and contact details.View our pre hotel recommendations
You will say farewell to your guides at 11:00 AM at the Au Chamois d’Or Boutique Hotel. You will be arriving by 12:30 PM at the Grenoble train station. Please do not book a departing train before 1:00 PM on this day. We recommend booking your return flight from Paris (CDG) or Lyon (LYS). Trains run from Grenoble to both Paris and Lyon. For all train travel, feel free to confirm train times on the posted timetable at France’s rail site, www.SNCF.com.View our post hotel recommendations
Every moment of a Trek Travel bike trip has more than you could have ever dreamed. More romance. More scenery. More choice. It's the little additions to every Trek Travel cycling vacation that make it truly special. And that’s how we help you create more memories.
Trek Domane SL 7
Trek’s latest innovation has led to the best bike on the road—a light weight, stable and technologically advanced machine to make even the hardest roads seem easy. Ride confidently, comfortably and longer in the most beautiful destinations around the world. Upgrade your bike with carbon wheels for only $200. Learn More
Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid
Now you never have to miss another view with Trek’s most popular upright hybrid that refuses to sacrifice performance for comfort. You’ll have 10 speeds for any hill, a carbon fork with vibration dampening for any bump in the road, and Shimano components for every advantage. Learn More
- 5 nights of accommodation at handpicked hotels
- Two experienced guides to provide local knowledge, support, and camaraderie
- Daily route support with both guides and our support van
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches and 3 dinners
- Social hour of drinks and hors d’oeuvres on your first and last night of the trip
- Ride a Trek Domane SL 7 or a Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid
- Three daily route options
- Snacks and drinks for each day’s ride
- Trek Travel Bontrager RL cycling jersey
- Trek Travel water bottles to keep
- Each bike is equipped with a Garmin Edge 1030 GPS computer, flat pack, front and rear Bontrager Flare R lights, a Bontrager saddle and pedals of your choice
- All gratuities for drivers, local experts and hospitality staff
- All luggage transfers and transportation during your trip
- A personalized photobook of your trip
- Entrance fees for all activities, private tours and events
- Trek Domane SL 7 carbon road bike with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting or Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid bike to use
- Trek Travel Bontrager RL cycling jersey
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Shimano clipless road pedals, Shimano clipless mountain pedals, caged or flat pedals
- Bontrager helmet and saddle to use
- Bontrager front and rear Flare R lights
- Flat pack
- Upgrade your bike to include carbon wheels (+$200)
- Coupon valued up to $500 off a new Trek Bicycle. Your coupon will be delivered via email.
- You may bring your own pedals and saddle on the trip. Your guides will install your gear on the first day during your bike fit.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare and transportation to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Optional activities not scheduled by Trek Travel
- On select trips some meals are not included. On these trips, Trek Travel invites you to explore the local cuisine at your leisure.
Rider Level: 4 - Avid
See itinerary for specific daily ride distances and elevation options. On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Our itineraries are an approximation of our trips. Trek Travel strives to offer every guest a vacation of a lifetime on every trip. At times routes, hotels, activities, etc. listed here may change at the discretion of the trip designer or guides to improve the trip experience.
Averages and totals are calculated from our "Avid Ride" options.
Planning For Your Trip
Packing and Weather
The summer months in the Alps can bring warm days, ranging from the mid 60s to low 80s, with evenings dropping to the mid 50s to mid 60s. When traveling in the Alps, it is best to be prepared for variable conditions, as weather can change very quickly. There is always the chance of snow and rain. We recommend always traveling with rain gear, as well as plenty of breathable layers to provide warmth when the temperature drops. Packing List
Before and After Your Trip
Before: Annecy, France
Gorgeous Annecy! Guided tours of historic Annecy allow you to discover the medieval aspects of the town and visit buildings dating back to the Renaissance and 12th century. Hiking trails are numerous, covering diverse terrain, offering spectacular views all around, and water activities are bountiful along the lake. Paragliding is world-renowned in Annecy, boasting some of the world’s best and providing, literally, a bird’s eye view of the lake and surrounding mountains. Be sure to lounge in the park by the lake, just across from the town center, or linger at a café or ice cream parlor surrounded by flowers. We recommend the following accommodations for your pre-trip hotel:
After: Grenoble, France
After: Grenoble, France
Grenoble offers numerous outdoor activities, including via ferrata, a mountain route equipped with fixed cables, ladders, and bridges providing access to otherwise isolated routes to climbers with a variety of skills. Not to be missed in this Rhone-Alpes town is a ride on the téléphérique: egg-shaped cable cars, les bulles, take you across the Isère River to the Bastille, a series of ancient fortifications. Enjoy the view from the summit, then wander the many trails leading down to the city. We recommend the following accommodations for your post-trip hotel:
Why Trek Travel
Our unrivaled selection of Trek Bikes sets the bar for quality and comfort. From the all-new, ultra smooth Trek Domane SL 7, to the new Trek Electric-Assist XM700+ and the comfortable Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid, to our numerous upgrade options, you deserve the best ride on your vacation.
Our guides are trained to make your trip magical. They aren't just experts in riding; they're trained in delivering uncompromising service in ways you won't believe. We know that it's the unexpected surprises that make a trip magical. That's why our guides pride themselves on anticipating your needs before you ask.
Your Day. You Decide.
Our vacations are built to deliver the ultimate in flexibility, from extreme relaxers to hard-core roadies. You pick your mileage, itinerary and experiences. We take care of the rest.