- 10+ Guests Price as advertised*
- 8-9 Guests +$500 per person to trip price*
- 6-7 Guests +$1,000 per person to trip price*
- 4-5 Guests +$1,500 per person to trip price*
- 2-3 Guests +$2,500 per person to trip price*
California Wine Country Explorer
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the greater the rewards
Velo Vino to Calistoga
Approximately 11 miles with 560 feet of climbing
Private Shuttle from San Francisco to Calistoga, Wine Tasting at Velo Vino
Indian Springs Resort and Spa
Social Hour | Dinner
Calistoga to Summit Lake Vineyard
Approximately 37 miles with 3,400 feet of climbing
Calistoga to Pope Chiles Valley Country Store with shuttle
Approximately 30 miles with 1,700 feet of climbing
Calistoga to Summit Lakes Vineyard Loop
Approximately 54 miles with 3,800 feet of climbing
Indian Springs Resort and Spa
Breakfast | Lunch
Calistoga to Healdsburg
Approximately 29 miles with 1,400 feet of climbing
Calistoga to Healdsburg with Pine Flats Hill Climb
Approximately 52 miles with 4,800 feet of climbing
Healdsburg to Dry Creek Loop with Sonoma Lake Return
Approximately 41 miles with 1,920 feet of climbing
Healdsburg to Dry Creek Loop with Rockpile Road
Approximately 46 miles with 2,500 feet of climbing
Healdsburg to Armstrong Redwoods Loop
Approximately 42 miles with 1,800 feet of climbing
Healdsburg to Armstrong Redwoods with shuttle
Approximately 17 miles with 600 feet of climbing
Healdsburg to Armstrong Redwoods Loop with Sweetwater Climb
Approximately 42 miles with 2,500 feet of climbing
Breakfast | Lunch | Social Hour | Dinner
Healdsburg to Yoakim Bridge Loop
Approximately 21 miles with 160 feet of climbing
Healdsburg to Lambert Bridge Loop
Approximately 11 miles with 104 feet of climbing
Private Shuttle to Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Indian Springs Resort and Spa
How to Get There
FLY INTO:San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK)
MEETING TIME:12:00 PM
FLY OUT OF:San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK)
DEPARTING TIME:11:00 AM
We suggest that you arrive at least one day prior to the trip start, which will enable you to adjust to the time zone and minimize the risk of missing the trip start due to flight-related delays. We recommend that you fly into San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK). All major airlines fly into and out of San Francisco International Airport.
Taxi and shuttle services are available from both airports to downtown San Francisco. Taxi rates range from $50- 75 from San Francisco International Airport to San Francisco; and $50-60 from Oakland International Airport to San Francisco. The Bayporter Express (415 467 1800) and Super Shuttle (415 558 8500) also run between both airports and San Francisco with rates ranging from $20-30 per person. From Healdsburg, you may arrange a short taxi to the Sonoma County Airport shuttle which offers hourly shuttles to SFO for $34 per person, schedule available at www.AirportExpressinc.com.
Your Trek Travel guides will meet you at the Westin St. Francis Hotel lobby, by the grandfather clock (335 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102) at 12:00 PM on the first day of the trip. We’ll shuttle approximately 75 minutes to Velo Vino in St. Helena to enjoy wine and explore the unique tasting room. Be sure to have your cycling gear, including shoes and pedals, packed in a small bag separate and apart from your luggage. We will fit you to your bike and begin our first day’s ride to Calistoga.
If you will be late for the pick-up or are going to miss it altogether, please inform your guides. You will receive an email a week before the trip start with their names and contact details. If you cannot reach them, please call our first hotel, Indian Springs Resort and Spa (707) 942-4913, and leave a message with your expected arrival time and contact details. Evans Airport Service provides express bus service from the San Francisco or Oakland International Airport to the City of Napa ($29 one way). Or, "As You Like It! Wine Country Tours" has a Trek Travel rate from San Francisco. The luxury car service costs approximately $195; see www.asyoulikeitwinecountrytours.com.View our pre hotel recommendations
You will say farewell to your guides at 11:00 AM at the h2hotel. You’ll then have the day on your own to explore Healdsburg or head to your next trip destination. Trek Travel provides one complimentary shuttle to the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco arriving at approximately 1:00 PM. Taxi and shuttle services are available to both airports. If you plan to fly out of the Bay area on Friday, please avoid scheduling your flight any earlier than 5:00 PM.View our post hotel recommendations
Every moment of a Trek Travel bike trip has more than you could have ever dreamed. More romance. More scenery. More choice. It's the little additions to every Trek Travel cycling vacation that make it truly special. And that’s how we help you create more memories.
Trek Domane SL 7
Trek’s latest innovation has led to the best bike on the road—a light weight, stable and technologically advanced machine to make even the hardest roads seem easy. Ride confidently, comfortably and longer in the most beautiful destinations around the world. Upgrade your bike with carbon wheels for only $200. Learn More
Trek Electric-Assist XM700+
It’s lightweight and equipped with an adjustable pedal-assist motor that helps riders of all skill levels stay together, play together and make some great memories together. Included at no additional cost, these bikes will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, so reserve yours when you book today. Learn More
Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid
is also available on
- 5 nights of accommodation at handpicked hotels
- Two experienced guides to provide local knowledge, support, and camaraderie
- Daily route support with both guides and our support van
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- Social hour of drinks and hors d’oeuvres on your first and last night of the trip
- Ride a Trek Domane SL 7, Trek’s newest Electric-Assist, or a Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid
- Three daily route options
- Snacks and drinks for each day’s ride
- Trek Travel Bontrager RL cycling jersey
- Trek Travel water bottles to keep
- Each bike is equipped with a Garmin Edge 1030 GPS computer, flat pack, front and rear Bontrager Flare R lights, a Bontrager saddle and pedals of your choice
- All gratuities for drivers, local experts and hospitality staff
- All luggage transfers and transportation during your trip
- A personalized photobook of your trip
- Entrance fees for all activities, private tours and events
- Trek Domane SL 7 carbon road bike with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting or Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid bike to use
- Trek Electric Assist XM700+ also available in a limited quantity to use
- Trek Travel Bontrager RL cycling jersey
- Trek Travel water bottles
- Shimano clipless road pedals, Shimano clipless mountain pedals, caged or flat pedals
- Bontrager helmet and saddle to use
- Bontrager front and rear Flare R lights
- Flat pack
- Upgrade your bike to include carbon wheels (+$200)
- Coupon valued up to $500 off a new Trek Bicycle. Your coupon will be delivered via email prior to your trip.
- You may bring your own pedals and saddle on the trip. Your guides will install your gear on the first day during your bike fit.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare and transportation to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Optional activities not scheduled by Trek Travel
- On select trips some meals are not included. On these trips, Trek Travel invites you to explore the local cuisine at your leisure.
Rider Level: 2 - Recreational
See itinerary for specific daily ride distances and elevation options. On all of our vacations, Trek Travel strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Our itineraries are an approximation of our trips. Trek Travel strives to offer every guest a vacation of a lifetime on every trip. At times routes, hotels, activities, etc. listed here may change at the discretion of the trip designer or guides to improve the trip experience.
Averages and totals are calculated from our "Today’s Ride" options.
Planning For Your Trip
Packing and Weather
Warm sunny days (70F-80F) and cooler evenings, with temperatures at least 15 to 20 degrees cooler. Bring layers for the cooler morning and hotter midday differentials. A rain shell is also a good idea. Packing List
Before and After Your Trip
Before & After: San Francisco, California
Keep in mind that San Francisco is a city best explored via foot and cable car and involves a great deal of hill walking. Should you decide to explore before your trip start, you may want to consider giving your legs ample rest time for the cycling ahead! There are numerous attractions in the San Francisco area - from the Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Alcatraz to Ghirardelli and Union Square. For a preview and help in planning, try www.OnlyinSanFrancisco.com or one of the many websites available on the city. There are endless options, and whether you pre-plan and book your itinerary or just arrive with no plans, you’re sure to be charmed by the City on the Bay! We recommend the following accommodations for your pre- and post-trip hotel:
Why Trek Travel
Our unrivaled selection of Trek Bikes sets the bar for quality and comfort. From the all-new, ultra smooth Trek Domane SL 7, to the new Trek Electric-Assist XM700+ and the comfortable Trek 7.6 FX Hybrid, to our numerous upgrade options, you deserve the best ride on your vacation.
Our guides are trained to make your trip magical. They aren't just experts in riding; they're trained in delivering uncompromising service in ways you won't believe. We know that it's the unexpected surprises that make a trip magical. That's why our guides pride themselves on anticipating your needs before you ask.
Your Day. You Decide.
Our vacations are built to deliver the ultimate in flexibility, from extreme relaxers to hard-core roadies. You pick your mileage, itinerary and experiences. We take care of the rest.