Warm Goat Cheese salad with Pomegranate vinaigrette
Good fresh goat cheese
Dark green salad leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Put a tsp. of mustard into a bowl and add 4 large dashes of balsamic vinegar. Mix until emulsified.
2. Slowly add 2/3 T. olive oil while mixing until all the oil has been absorbed into the vinaigrette.
3. Season with salt and pepper, add more oil if needed and gently mix in a handful of pomegranate seeds.
4. Slice goat cheese into disks, place on a baking sheet and toast on both sides in an oven set at 400ºF until light brown.
5. Toss lettuce with the vinaigrette, place toasted slices of goat cheese on top and scatter the hazelnuts over the salad.
Penny Gatward, Trek Travel Guide
Raimat Chardonnay Costers del Segre Viña 27 2007
Halibut with Wild Mushroom Fricassee
3 lbs. fresh or frozen halibut
3 T. butter, melted
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
4 strips bacon
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup buttered bread crumbs
1 T. chopped parsley
1. Rub halibut with butter, salt and pepper.
2. Lay bacon on bottom of baking pan and place fillets of top.
3. Make a mixture of sour cream, cheese, crumbs and lemon juice. Spread over the fish.
4. Bake halibut at 350ºF until tender (20 to 30 minutes).
5. Serve sprinkled with grated cheese and parsley.
6 to 8 People
Crater Lake and the Oregon Cascades
Elk Cove Pinot Gris or 14 Hands Merlot